Your safety is our priority!
ISO 39001 Compliance
Road Traffic Safety (RTS) is a global concern. It is estimated that around 1.3 million people are killed and 20 to 50 million are injured on roads around the world each year, and that level is rising. The socio-economic and health impacts are substantial. (ISO/FDIS 39001:2012)
A road traffic safety management system (RTSMS), based on ISO 39001, can provide your organization with an international best-practice framework for managing road safety risks, evaluating their impact, and developing the capability to achieve results and most importantly, reduce death and serious injuries related to road traffic crashes for your staff.
Achieving ISO 39001 RTSMS (International Organization for Standardization) can be instrumental for many businesses in terms of winning and retaining contracts, and improving company brand and reputation. Achieving this new standard requires the development and implementation of an appropriate RTS policy, development of RTS objectives and action plans.
The new standard lays down harmonized requirements, based on international expertise and applicable to all countries, to support all public or private sector organizations involved in regulating, designing or operating road transport. It will also help by providing a framework for contracts and communication between regulators, vehicle manufacturers and their suppliers. “The standard has been developed with the support of experts from 40 countries and 16 liaison organizations, including the World Health Organization, the World Bank, and the International Road Federation," according to Peter Hartzell, Secretary of ISO/TC 241.
Who would benefit?
This international standard is applicable to public and private organizations that interact with the road traffic system. It can be used by internal and external parties, to assess the organization’s ability to meet the requirements. ISO 39001 will assist your organization by providing a structured, holistic approach to road-traffic safety as a complement to existing programmes and regulations. It is based on a process approach, proven by successful ISO standards such as ISO 9001 for quality management, including the plan-do-check-act cycle, and a requirement for continual improvement.
- Increased awareness of the legal and best practice issues surrounding RTS management system under health and safety duties
- An effective way to identify and manage risks and remedies
- Helps to target limited resource in the best way
- Potentially lower insurance premiums
- Win and retain business
ICRS expert will audit the following:
- The organization's RTS management system against the ISO Standard model: Plan, Do, Check, Act
- Assess if the organization has identified internal and external issues that may affect its ability to achieve the intended outcome(s) of its RTS management system
- Assess Managements’ leadership and commitment with respect to the RTS management system
- ICRS will support your organization to achieve required standards, enabling you to apply for certification