Your safety is our priority!
4x4 Wheel Drive: Off Road Training
Driving a four-wheel-drive (4WD) vehicle in a safe and effective manner requires a specific set of driving skills and techniques that need attention and practice to master. Incorrect use of off-road vehicles not only increases maintenance costs, but under certain road conditions can be life threatening. Driving vehicles, particularly 4x4s on unsealed roads is a skill, and should not be taken lightly.
ICRS has designed this two-day course aimed at giving drivers an understanding of how a 4x4 works so that they can drive it safely in difficult conditions, keeping themselves and their passengers' safe. This is a hands-on course that uses challenging situation awareness drills, driving exercises and performance evaluation to ensure that drivers are ready for the road.
Understand the functions and capabilities of 4WD systems/vehicles
- Perform advance vehicle control and vehicle inspections
- Demonstrate driving rules and maneuvers for highway and off-road driving
- Right use of 2x4 and 4x4 vehicle mechanisms
- Identify situation of hazard and exercise defensive driving techniques in off road environments
- Understand your capabilities as a driver and your role in the safety of your vehicle and its passengers
Who is the course suitable for?
This course is designed for organizations and individuals who operate and drive in remote and rural areas where using off road and/or unsealed roads/terraces frequently
Duration: 2 days
- Driving cycle
- Best driving practices and behavior while using 4x4
- Defensive driving techniques in off road environments
- Vehicle inspection before and after driving off road
- Different 4WD systems and vehicle capabilities
- Driving maneuvers and techniques in off road environments
Language: English with translation to local language
Course participants will receive from ICRS:
- ICRS course participation certificate
- Training materials
- Driver safety kit